There are many reasons for not being capable of finding happiness in a relationship. Online magazines look at some of the most common.
Why can't people find love?
Many people have a very low self-esteem. They are convinced about their lack of attractiveness and think that they don't deserve to be loved. Other people are very shy. They don't know how to initiate, nor to sustain relations with others.
There's also a third group – people who can't get over their past relationship, even though it's been ancient history. However, they are tormented by the feeling of damage, which makes it difficult for them to open up to new, positive experiences.
There are also those who fear of being hurt and because of that, they have no ability to trust other people. Some people get discouraged by constant searching. Since they haven't succeeded a few times, they stop believing that they'll ever find love.
We should also mention about those who become involved in relationships too quickly. At the end of the day, they usually end up disappointed with their new partner. Others have tendencies to consider themselves as stubborn egoists, which results in the lack of stabilisation in relationships.
There are also those who have too high expectations towards their potential partners. So high, that even an angel couldn't stand up to them.
Last, but not least – expressing feelings. Many people don't know how to do that, but at the same time, they're not aware that they have this flaw.
Reasons for not being ready for a relationship
The aforementioned beliefs are mainly a result of personal experiences. Sometimes they are brought out from a family home. The question is – why aren't people ready to create a happy relationship?
Here are a few reasons why:
- Many people don't actually know what love is, because they don't love themselves, believe in stereotypes and have a wrong vision of love. The latter reason causes many disappointments.
- Unhealed wounds from the past. You need to forgive yourself, as well as others. After all, you can't turn back time, but you can learn from the past.
- A negative attitude towards people, which results in exaggerated cautiousness, as well as in fear of closeness.
- Emotional emptiness and the lack of the meaning of life. It's extremely difficult to build a relationship with a foundation like this.
- Submission to anger, emotional immaturity, the lack of responsibility for your own actions and feelings.
Unfortunately, this is quite a complex problem. Handling it requires an extraordinary inner discipline. However, it's worth the effort. After all, it's about your happiness.
Author: Bien Magazine